- Have you spent hours searching the web without finding what you want?
- Do you need help setting up an e-mail account or have basic computer/device questions?
- Are you completing online job applications and need assistance getting started?
- Would you like to know more about the library’s resources?
- Would you like to learn to be a better researcher?
- Do you have genealogy or ancestry questions and/or would you like access to the Camden Town Museum?
Get help finding more information on your question. Schedule an individual appointment today with a professional librarian. Receive personal, uninterrupted time to get your questions answered!
Who may use this service?
Meet with a Librarian appointments are available to library patrons of all ages. Children must be accompanied by a parent or other responsible adult.
How long is the appointment?
The appointment will last a maximum of one hour. Patrons must schedule a follow-up appointment if they require additional assistance beyond this time limit.
Who will receive my question, and when will I receive an appointment?
After learning about the kind of help you need, a librarian with experience in your area of interest will be assigned to assist you. The librarian will call you to schedule an appointment. Appointments are typically during the weekday and depend on the librarian’s availability. Please understand that last minute appointment requests may not be honored, however we will do our best to schedule a time that is convenient for you to meet.
What kinds of questions are appropriate?
At this time, the service is for help with the following: filling out an online job application; job searching online; completing and/or posting your resume; using our databases; finding magazine and journal articles on your topic; setting up an email account; using Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint; using our online catalog; and basic assistance with locating information within the Camden Town Museum.
What will the librarian do for me during our appointment?
Our approach will be to guide you through the task you are trying to accomplish. If you are applying for a job, we will guide you through the online application process, including the posting of your resume. We can walk you through using a computer to access the databases that will aid you in your research. During our time together, you will learn the skills to complete your task or research on your own.
What if you cannot keep your appointment?
Please contact us as soon as possible to cancel or reschedule your appointment.
Librarians will not assist you with:
- Online banking
- Buying/selling on the Internet
- Credit card transactions
- Other activities that require use of your credit cards, social security number, or other personal/financial information.